China has become a crucial market to the world’s economy. Many Chinese students nowadays choose to go abroad to pursue a more international education.
From 8 April till 18 April 2014, the ILF’s Managing Director Dr. Rolf Friedewald and Admissions and Marketing Assistant Ms. Chongxiang Chen paid a visit to China. This is the third time that the ILF team members visited China. In order to introduce the new LL.M. International Finance program and seek possible cooperating opportunities, this trip included a visiting list of 11 leading Chinese universities and their prestigious law faculties in Beijing, Chengdu, Wuhan and Shanghai:
- Central University of Finance and Economics, Beijing
- China University of Political Science and Law, Beijing
- China Youth University of Political Sciences, Beijing
- Peking University, Beijing
- Tsinghua University, Beijing
- University of International Business and Economics, Beijing
- Southwest University of Finance and Economics, Chengdu
- Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei Province
- East China University of Political Science and Law, Shanghai
- Fudan University, Shanghai
- Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, Shanghai
At each university, Dr. Friedewald and Ms. Chen were warmly welcomed by renowned Chinese law professors and faculty staff and thereafter introduced to students who are interested in the LL.M. International Finance program. During the meeting sessions with the professors, they gave an overview of Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, the Institute for Law and Finance and its function as well as the new LL.M. International Finance program.
After the meeting sessions with the faculties, a detailed introduction of the LL.M. International Finance program to the students was given by Dr. Friedewald and Ms. Chen. Ms. Chen gave detailed information about curricular, extra-curricular, tuition fees, application procedure, APS certificate and visa requirements to the students.After the presentation, there was a Q&A session where students asked questions. Also job opportunities and future career plan were inquired and discussed.
In addition to vising universities, Dr. Friedewald and Ms. Chen also spent some time meeting the current applicants for this year’s program in Beijing and Shanghai. They answered their questions regarding application procedure, APS certificate, visa and housing etc.
This China trip made the new program better known among Chinese universities and students and will attract them to study LL.M. in International Finance at the ILF.