Dr. Daniel Reichert-Facilides
Dr. Daniel Reichert-Facilides is Senior Counsel at Chatham Partners.
Dr. Reichert-Facilides received his legal education at the Universities of Freiburg and Munich, where he graduated in 1990, and subsequently at the Université Paris II (maîtrise en droit 1991) and at the New York University School of Law (LL.M. 1998). He also holds a doctorate from the Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main (1995). He has been admitted to the Bar in Germany since 1994 and in the State of New York since 1999.
Dr. Reichert-Facilides joined one of the German predecessor firms of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in 1994. After working in the firm’s New York office from 2000 to 2001, he became a partner in the Frankfurt office in 2002 and has led the German project finance practice since 2007. He has been acting as chair of the German council of the International Project Finance Association from 2009 to 2021.
In 2023, he started a new position as Senior Counsel at Chatham Partners, a Hamburg based boutique law firm specializing in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Dispute Resolution and Conflict of Laws Risks, in: Asmus (ed.), The Project Finance Law Review, 3rd ed., 2021, p. 130-140
- Reinventing the European Union through Article 50? A Revolutionary's Approach to Institutional Reform, VerfBlog, 2020/10/20
- Taming the Karlsruhe Dragon: Three practical proposals, VerfBlog, 2020/6/10
- Special Aspects of Renewable Energy Projects in Emerging Markets, in: Böttcher (ed.), Green Banking, 2020, p. 253-269
- Down the Danube: The Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties and the Case Concerning the Gabcikovo-Nagymaros Project, International and Comparative Law Quarterly (47) 1998, 837-854