Dr. Stefan Henkelmann is a German Rechtsanwalt and Partner in the International Capital Markets department of Allen & Overy LLP in Frankfurt am Main. He has broad expertise advising on German and international capital markets transactions.
Dr. Henkelmann specialises in advising on securitisations (covering true sale, secured loan and synthetic structures across a broad range of asset classes) and derivatives and structured finance transactions as well as bond transactions, including Pfandbriefe, covered bonds, structured notes, hybrid and corporate bonds. Another focus of his practice is on restructurings in the capital markets sector, including bond restructurings and restructurings of securitisations and related assets. Stefan Henkelmann also has broad experience in advising on all related regulatory and insolvency law matters.
First State Exam, University Würzburg, 2000; Second State Exam, in the district of the Higher Regional Court (OLG) of Bamberg/Bavaria, 2002; admitted to the German Bar in 2003; Dr. iur., University of Würzburg, 2008.
Date joined Allen & Overy LLP: 2009, Counsel, Allen & Overy LLP, 2012 – 2015, Partner, Allen & Overy LLP, since 2015; before joining Allen & Overy LLP, he worked as an associate in another leading German law firm Frankfurt, Düsseldorf and London, 2003 – 2009.
- Schwebende Verträge in der Insolvenz – Zum Wahlrecht des Insolvenzverwalters nach § 103 InsO, Hamburg 2009 (Dissertation Würzburg, 2008)
- Neue Perspektiven für Whole Business Securitisations?, in: Risiko Manager, 19/2012, p. 12 et seq. (together with Berthold Kusserow)
- EMIR – Auswirkungen auf Verbriefungstransaktionen, in: Risiko Manager, 19/ 2013, p. 11 et seq. (together with Bernd Geier)
- Debt Refinancing and Restructuring, in: Lawyer Monthly Magazine – Legal Focus – Germany: Debt Refinancing and Restructuring, July 2013
- New Regulatory Developments for the Use of Derivatives in Structured Finance Transactions, in: Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation (JIBLR), volume 29, issue 3, 2014, p. 191 et seq. (together with Bernd Geier)
- Securitisation Structures in Shipping, in: Marine Money, 2016 (yet to be published; together with Nicolaus Ascherfeld)