General Counsel of the ECB, ECB agent for the cases in front of the ECJ. Married, mother of 4 children.
1989 - 1993 Member of the Legal Service of the Council of the Union - Brussels
1994 - 1997 Lecturer of European Community Law at the Johann-Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt
Member of the Bar of Parma (Italy)
1995 - 1998 Senior Legal Counsel of the EMI
1998 - 2013 Head of Division and Deputy General Counsel of the ECB
Since 2013 General Counsel of the ECB
Graduate in Law ("dottore in legge"), Università degli Studi di Parma, 1984.
Master "Giurista d’impresa", S.P.I.S.A., Università degli Studi di Bologna, 1985.
LL.M. Harvard Law School, 1990.
Ph.D. in International, Community and Comparative Law at the European University Institute of Florence, 1992.
Fulbright scholar (1988-1990)
Visiting scholar at the Max-Planck-Institut Heidelberg (1991-1992)
Alexander von Humboldt scholar (1994-1995)
- Judicial Review in the European Banking Union (ed., with Wojcik), Edward Elgar 2021
- The legal response to the financial crisis in Europe, US European Union Studies Association Newsletter, Oct 2010
- La Banca centrale europea (with Selmayr), Giuffre 2007
- The Law of the ECB, Hart, 2001 (with Selmayr) (in English)
- Il risarcimento del danno derivante da incidenti industriali transnazionali, Giuffrè 1995 (in Italian)
More than 50 Articles